D-Link router is the most preferred router and with its fast connectivity, you can explore what you desire. Have you recently bought a D-Link router and can’t set it up? If that is your problem, we are going to provide you the solution. With D-Link’s quick router setup process, you can get your fast Wi-Fi up and running. You can configure your D-Link router in just a few minutes. Read the article and proceed accordingly to setup your D-Link router.
D-Link Router Setup – Guide
Before you begin the setup process, you must know followings:
- Users with Cable providers: Ensure that you have unplugged the power to your modem before starting the setup process. In specific cases, you may have to turn it off for up to 5 minutes.
- Users with DSL providers: When you are using a PPPoE connection, you need to have your PPPoE username and password. You should not proceed until you have this information. In case of not having it, contact your Internet service provider (ISP).
- Users with a Router/Modem Combo: When you have a router/modem combo, you have to set it to “bridge” mode so that your D-Link router works properly. Read the user manual of your router/modem combo device to fix it up.
D-Link Router Setup: Instructions for Quick Setup
Follow the step by step guidance and setup your device.
- Connect the power adapter to your router and to a wall socket.
- Connect your Ethernet cable to the WAN port of both your router and modem in order to connect these two.
- Allow it to start up. You will receive a light indication to ensure that your device is starting up.
- Go to your mobile or computer.
- Check your network preferences. After that, connect to the Wi-Fi name (SSID) you have found on the provided Wireless Connection Card. Then you have to enter the password listed on the card.
Is Quick Setup Not Working? Let’s Go for Another
- Unplug Power to Cable/DSL Internet Modem.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to a LAN port on the router from your laptop or PC.
- Connect the Cable/DSL modem to the Internet port on your router.
- Power on both your Internet Cable/DSL modem and router.
- Open an Internet browser (Firefox/ Internet Explorer) and enter 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
- Then you will be prompted with D-Link Quick Router Wizard Setup.
- Click “Next” to begin.
Remember this wizard will only appear at the first configuration. If you have configured your router earlier, you have to reset it to complete the setup. To reset your router to default settings, press and hold the reset button (located on the backside of your router) for 10 seconds and then release the button. The lights located on the front panel of your router will flash and reboot to inform your router is setup.
Steps to D-Link Router Setup:
- Allow your router to perform a scan so that your router gets to determine what type of internet service you have. If your router can run a successful, it will skip Internet setup.
- If the scan is not successful, you will be prompted to select your internet type.
- DHCP Connection (Dynamic IP Address): Cable Internet Service
- Username/Password (PPPoE): DSL Internet Service
- Then fix your Wireless Settings. Enter the Wireless network name and password. This password is what you require for connecting to the wireless signal for the first time.
- Enter a password for your router which you have to use at the time of logging into the router configuration setup page.
- Select your time zone.
- You get to see a summary of your wireless settings. This includes the name and password of your wireless network. Click on “Save”.
- The router will then reboot to apply the settings you have done. Now, the setup is complete.
For any additional information, you can visit D-Link support page. Now you know how to setup your D-Link router. You do not have to worry about thinking it is a complex process. Setup the D-Link router that you have recently purchased to enjoy superfast connectivity. Enjoy an uninterrupted internet connection with your D-Link router and spend your time doing whatever you like to do with the internet.